Thursday, September 8, 2011

Allow Me To Introduce, Myself...Amy Sheets (Tull)

I was born in a country town, nestled against rolling hills and a lake, where in the Fall the tall grass blows in the wind.  A quick walk grants the best chocolate milk in the world, at the local Dijon Dairy. Growing up, my father (a surfer dude) would regularly gather his family of 5 (I have 1 brother and 1 sister) and head across the Ortega Mountains in search of the Pacific.  My mother is from Costa Rica, so she too loves the ocean. I grew up surfing and playing sports, including cross country, water polo, swimming, volley ball, and softball.My educational background has been a journey. Starting out at Wildomar Elementary to David A. Brown Middle school and then to Elsinore High School. After High School, I attended Biola for 1 year, and decided to relax my budget by attending junior college after that. A brief jaunt with 2 JC colleges mixed with full time jobs has found me at CSUSM, en route to a Liberal Studies degree and ultimately a teaching credential. Passionate I am for children and teaching, I want to guide them as they find who they are and what they are capable of achieving.

Technology is an ever changing continuum. Personally I have some issues with it. I feel as if the world is moving too fast with it, and as a whole need to slow down, but at the same time understand the importance for it. I am literate with most technology and am always willing to learn.

Since life is always changing CSUSM's mission statement really speaks to me. The fact that they are dedicated to life-long learning is a superb attribute. Learning does not stop after college but continues and that is a value that I can appreciate. With life always changing and learning I have my sights set on Costa Rica in the near future, where I can teach English. My husband and I recently visited Costa Rica, to spend time with my grandmother, aunts, uncles and all the cousins. It was our second visit each, and definitely not our last. My husband and I live near the Pacific Ocean, just south of the Oceanside Pier. We adore the coast and our little casita.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are from a country town. I grew up in Vista (not a small town) but my parents have 2 acres and I grew up on my own little mini farm. I feel it makes such a difference seeing where things come from and having that care free childhood. By the way I was reading your 100 things that make you happy and seriously, you and I could be twins...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome you live by the Oceanside Pier! I grew up in Oceanside and am very sad that I never learned how to surf. I have also been thinking about teaching English abroad since I just received my BA in English. Good luck in Costa Rica..it seems like a great home for a surfer!

    ReplyDelete